The sites for Cambridge Companions Online, Cambridge Histories Online and Shakespeare Survey Online will be updated on 31st January 2013. Following customer feedback, the new sites have a clearer look and improved functionality.
New and improved features include:
- A clearer ‘My Companions’, ‘My Histories’ or ‘My Shakespeare’ personalisation area with the ability to save searches, bookmarks and notes, and create workgroups
- Improved search results – results can now be viewed as chapters or as books
- Bookmark and share tools including Facebook, Del.icio.us
- New content will now be published monthly, as available
- Ability to sign up for RSS or email alerts for new titles
- Latest titles are featured on a carousel at the bottom of the homepage
All URLs and DOIs including at title and chapter level will be redirected by CUP from 31st January so libraries do not need to change any links in MARC records or reading lists, and any links that students have saved will still work.
For further information see the FAQs put together by CUP.
You can preview the new-look sites in beta version from the links below:
Cambridge Books Online is also due a site redesign on 31st January, with improved user interface including a featured titles display. The redesigned site will look more like the new Cambridge Companions Online, Cambridge Histories Online and Shakespeare Survey Online sites.