The new look dawsonera ebook platform is now live. New features include:
- Searching and browsing has been improved so you can now refine your results by year of publication (using the sliding bar), category (subject) and publisher.
- You can now save searches and set up a search alert to be notified by email about new content that matches your search.
- You can now add your favourite ebooks to your bookshelf by clicking the star icon so it turns yellow.
- When viewing an ebook you can now use the slider to move through the ebook.
- When viewing an ebook, hover over the print or copy icon to see how many pages can be printed and copied. The green bar will change to yellow, then red as you near the limit of allowed pages.
For owned content the ‘Read online’ and ‘Download’ buttons have been replaced by icons. For unowned content you will see icons for ‘5 minute preview’ and ‘Suggest for purchase’.
A user guide to the new Reader Portal is here: http://libraryservices.bertrams.com/dawson/dawsonera_reader_portal_userguide.pdf
Note: Users of Internet Explorer 8 may find that some aspects of the site do not display correctly and you may need to scroll across to find the read online and download icons.
If you have any feedback or questions about the new dawsonera platform please contact the ebooks@cambridge team on firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on this blog post.