Following a recent trial of the Bloomsbury Collections online platform, the ebooks@cambridge Service is pleased to announce that with thanks to the Connell Fund, Cambridge staff and students now have access to 11 ebook collections containing over 400 titles.
Bloomsbury Collections hosts scholarly books from their Academic division, spanning the humanities and social sciences. The benefits of using ebooks on this platform include:
- Instant access to 100s of key works, easily navigable by research topic
- Cite, share and personalize content
- Search full text of titles; filter by date, series or subject
- Browse by subject
- Find the most relevant book chapters quickly and intuitively
- Hyperlinks: find works in the same subject or by the same author; link between text and endnotes or bibliography
- Download and print chapter PDFs without DRM restriction
- Use on your tablet or smartphone
The immediately available collections are:
Ancient History Archive 1983-2012
Ancient Philosophy Archive 1984-2012
Classical Literature Archive 1994-2012
Film & Media Studies 2014
Film & Media Studies 2015
Literary Studies 2015
All of these activated titles (except for Anthropology 2016 & Theology 2016 – coming soon!) are searchable in LibrarySearch, and registered users can access these ebooks both on and off campus, with a Raven login.
Accessible titles are indicated with the unlocked padlock icon as shown.
Some popular titles during the trial were…
Please contact the ebooks team on email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.