The Library provides access to ebooks via a variety of different platforms. One of these, MyiLibrary, is going to shut down in late April. The ebooks we own on this platform will be migrating to another site, Ebook Central, on Wednesday 25th April 2018. Ebook Central offers many excellent features, meaning you should have an improved experience when accessing the migrated ebooks on this platform.
After the migration, you will still be able to access the e-books as normal via iDiscover.
Is there anything you can do to prepare?
Patron bookshelves, notes, bookmarks and highlights will not migrate to Ebook Central. If you use these features and you want to save your bookshelf history and notes then please follow the advice below.
Print your MYI bookshelf list and history
- Within MyiLibrary, click on My Account (top of screen, on black bar) and log in if necessary.
- Choose the Bookshelf option.
- With the list of books displayed, use the browser’s print option to print the list.
Print/email notes you have made within MYI ebooks
- Within MyiLibrary, click on My Account and log in if necessary.
- Choose the Notes option.
- A page will display a list of books in which you have made notes, together with the notes themselves and page references. Select those you wish to print or email and click Print Selected or Email Selected. Note that you need to have added your email address to your account for the email option to work.
- You can also download a helpsheet about this process.
Unfortunately there is no way to transfer highlights or bookmarks to Ebook Central.
If you have any questions or comments about this migration, please get in touch with Jayne and Lindsay in the ebooks team on firstname.lastname@example.org.