Early in 2014 the University Library held a successful trial of Knovel, an online service for discovering reference information, interactive content and properties data for engineers and scientists. Thank you to all who participated and provided feedback on how useful this resource is for teaching, research and coursework.
As of today until the end of May 2015, University of Cambridge registered users have access to Knovel once again. This has been made possible through the financial support of the Engineering Department, the Engineering Department Library, and the ebooks@cambridge service.
You can access the collection, both on and off campus (with a Raven login) from HERE
You will be able to search for the ebooks, papers and reports included in the Knovel collection in LibrarySearch, the records should appear in the week beginning the 8th December. For a list of subject areas included in Knovel please scroll down.
Please contact Niamh Tumelty, the Engineering Librarian on firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback on this collection. Your qualitative feedback, together with the extended usage statistics, will be reviewed to help come to a decision with regards to subscribing to Knovel on an ongoing basis.
Not heard of Knovel? Missed the chance to try it last time?
The Engineering Library, in collaboration with Elsevier, invite academic staff and students from all faculties to an introductory session on Knovel next Monday 8th December at 12 noon in Lecture Room 5, first floor of the Department of Engineering Baker Building, Trumpington Street.
The session will be hosted by Jason De Boer from Elsevier, who will give an overview of the trial, provide a live demonstration of Knovel to show how it can support your teaching, coursework and research, and answer any questions you may have.
To book, please use this link: http://training.cam.ac.uk/event/1342325
Subject areas covered in Knovel (with clickable links)
- Adhesives, Coatings, Sealants & Inks
- Aerospace & Radar Technology
- Biochemistry, Biology & Biotechnology
- Ceramics & Ceramic Engineering
- Chemistry & Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering & Construction Materials
- Computer Hardware Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical & Power Engineering
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- Engineering Management & Leadership
- Environment & Environmental Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering & Emergency Response
- Food Science
- General Engineering & Project Administration
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Management
- Promotional Titles
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Marine Engineering & Naval Architecture
- Mechanics & Mechanical Engineering
- Metals & Metallurgy
- Mining Engineering & Extractive Metallurgy
- Nondestructive Testing & Evaluation
- Oil & Gas Engineering
- Optics & Photonics
- Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics & Toiletries
- Plastics & Rubber
- Process Design, Control & Automation
- Safety & Industrial Hygiene
- Software Engineering
- Sustainable Energy & Development
- Transportation Engineering
- Welding Engineering & Materials Joining